What causes a buffer overflow?
- launching a security countermeasure to mitigate a Trojan horse
- downloading and installing too many software updates at one time
- attempting to write more data to a memory location than that location can hold
- sending too much information to two or more interfaces of the same device, thereby causing dropped packets
- sending repeated connections such as Telnet to a particular device, thus denying other data sources
|Answers Explanation & Hints:
By sending too much data to a specific area of memory, adjacent memory locations are overwritten, which causes a security issue because the program in the overwritten memory location is affected.