An IT technician in a service company has provided extensive remote IT support with product deployment for a customer. After the completion of the contract, a complaint is filed against the IT technician for not following company policy by sending unsolicited emails about services and products that are not related to the contract. What two things should the IT support technician have done differently? (Choose two.)
- The IT technician should have researched the company policy about personal communication with customers on company time.
- The IT technician should have used encryption to hide the purpose of the emails.
- The IT technician should have added the customer to a chain letter with many recipients instead.
- The IT technician should have asked the customer if the customer was interested in receiving information regarding other new services and products.
- The IT technician should have requested permission from a supervisor to send the customer emails.
|Explanation & Hint:
While working with customers both briefly and over an extended period of time, it is possible to form friendly relationships. It is important to always follow company policy and never send unsolicited messages to a customer. Also do not send unsolicited mass mailings or chain letters to customers from a company email address. Any personal relationships should be kept via personal email accounts and should not reflect the IT organization of the employer.